Friday, March 7, 2014

Moon Over the Plains


Click Here to Bid (begins at $1)

When I was in high school I aspired to be an abstract artist. I remember visiting an art museum in Houston with my grandparents once. All I wanted to see were the abstract rooms, even though they kept telling me the other rooms were cool too. I'm pretty sure I went along with them reluctantly, but I savored the abstract rooms. When I got to college and all the other kids were doing abstract, I decided to try realism, found I had a passion for it, and ended up with a career in it.

Lately I've been needing a change and trying out lots of things. I bought watercolors, pastels, a kiln for fusing glass, yarn for knitting, material for quilting, and more. I find I am interested in each thing for a little while, and then I get bored. Doing abstract with oils was the first thing I got REALLY excited about and see tons of potential for. And heck, maybe I'll get bored with this too, but I figure I can try it with all my other media as well.

Thank you for joining me on this exploratory journey with abstract #1. Who knows where it will go!

1 comment: