Friday, March 7, 2014

Field of Flowers


Click Here to Bid (starts at $1)

After my fist abstract I went whole hog working on the second one. I ended up wiping it off about 5 times before I realized it just wasn't working. I needed some sort of plan. So I started looking through pictures on Pinterest for ideas. I realized I could take a photo I liked, use the colors and values, arrange them however I like, and make it completely abstract! And it worked!

Some of you have asked to see the photo, but unfortunately I didn't save it, and can't remember where I found it. Sorry about that.

7 comments:

  1. This is great, Carol! Keep it up!!! You inspire me so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun, fun journey. So much information travels between realism and abstract. You will love it. I love it. This painting evokes the joy of it all for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your brush work and color sense have been transmitted to your abstracts. Never fear... it's all good... probably just attracts a different "audience."

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool! you can also go threw newspapers and cut out black and white photos and turn them upside down and squint your eyes and whoa la and abstract ! ox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carol! I love your new work. I made the transition from realism to semi-abstracts about 18 months ago and haven't looked back! I found that, in my case, switching from oils to acrylics made all the difference! I no longer have to wipe out, I just paint over.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your site and have been inspired to follow through... a painting a day..
    Mahalo nui!

    ReplyDelete